It’s time to spark up a conversation because today is #TimeToTalk day!
#TimeToTalk is a day to celebrate the art of conversation to combat the stigma around Mental Health.
Mental Health has gained much ground in terms of public awareness and social understanding in the world around us; yet for those suffering – often in silence – the pain is there, the fear is real, the depression it brings can be life threatening and the anxiety can be debilitating.
So today, we urge everyone to engage in the art of conversation. Have a chat with someone – not just a flippant and meaningless “Hi, how are you?” when you don’t even hang around for the answer. Take the time to listen to their actual answers.
The Theme of this Year’s #TimeToTalk is “Would you Rather...?”
As a fun, light-hearted way to break the ice. So, here are some of our suggestions; ones that we here at Calverton Finance will be asking each other today:
- Would you rather lose your sense of taste or your sense of smell?
- Would you rather only be able to shout or only to whisper?
- Would you rather be stranded in the jungle or in the dessert?
- Would you rather have a song stuck in your head forever or have a permanent itch you can’t reach?
- Would you rather be an unknown superhero or a famous villain?
- Would you rather be fluent in every language or talk to animals?
- Would you rather be very smart or very lucky?
- Would you rather go sledging on a cold day or swimming on a hot day?
- Would you rather swim with dolphins or fly with birds?
Yet, Why Limit this to Just One Day?
Why not every day? We all have days when we feel the world is against us. It’s rubbish isn’t it. Imagine feeling like that every day?
We can all make a difference. We can, together, change lives. This is exactly what #TimeToTalk day wants to do – change lives. So, off you go; go spark up a conversation right now, or would you rather...
For professional help, advice and support there are many specialist organisations to turn to, including...Mind – 0300 123 3393
Therapy For You – 01268 739128
Samaritans – 116 123
Young Minds – 0808 802 5544
Shout - 85258