Credibility isn’t a tag for the unworthy. Credibility is actually a major player in determining a potentially successful business or a failing one.
Credibility = trust, trust = loyalty, loyalty = long term customers, long term customer = stability and stability = success.
How Do You Gain Credibility?
Well, like most worthwhile things, it’s through hard work and determination. Oh, and some good working practices...
- Communication Skills - This might seem obvious, yet surprisingly good communication isn’t prolific among businesses. Don’t be afraid to communicate relentlessly - talk to both your customers and your staff. By keeping people in the loop and up to date makes for a very efficient business.
- Ethics - A company that has good ethics, principals and morals will stand out. Not only do the staff work harder, are more motivated and committed, but these ethics flow through to your customers.
- Personal Touch - In the electronic and digital world that we are all immersed in, the personal touch counts for more than you might think. Face-to-face meetings, and even simple acts like picking up the phone, rather than sending an email, go a long, long way.
- Practice What You Preach - Whatever you say you’re going to do, you need to do it. Promise it - deliver it. Practice what you preach! Priceless.
- Knowledgeable - You are probably thinking this is a given, yet you’d be amazed at how many businesses don’t know the real ins and outs of their industry.
- Honesty - Similar to the above, honesty isn’t a given yet it’s hugely important. Even if you don’t know the answer, be honest, say so, go find the answer and report back. This holds you in far higher esteem than ‘blagging it’.
- Testimonials - Don’t be afraid to ask customers for a glowing reference. Whether you convert this into a blog article, case study or quote within your marketing material. If you’ve been good at your job then shout about it! Your competitors will shout about their achievements – do the same!
At Calverton Finance we are renowned for our credibility. We’ve won awards, we are highly regarded within the alternative finance industry and we really help our clients to thrive and grow (compared to those SMEs without cashflow funding facilities).